Stem Cell Therapy
If you’ve been thinking about stem cell therapy as a treatment for a painful condition, it’s wise to explore all your options before you make a final decision. When you have stem cell therapy, cells from your own bone marrow or adipose tissue, or cells from a close relative, are injected into the area of need.
The treatments we use at our clinic are not stem cell therapy, but are referred to as regenerative medicine. These treatments consist of injections containing Wharton's jelly-derived regenerative tissue that has growth factors and a wide range of healing components.
Considering Stem Cell Therapy?
Get the facts by calling out office today!
Adipose and Bone Marrow Stem Cell Therapy: What Are the Concerns?
The two common forms of stem cell therapy on the market each pose concerns that make considering alternative options like regenerative medicine a good idea.
Here are some of the facts about bone marrow stem cell therapy:
- The treatment is highly invasive, as the doctor must drill into the bone to extract the cells
- The procedure is quite painful and may open you up to the possibility of infection
- The cells are the same age as you and may have lost quite a bit of healing power
- When injected for treatment, the stem cells may travel to the site of the new wound instead of the area they were intended to treat
Here are some of the facts about adipose tissue stem cell therapy:
- Adipose tissue refers to fat tissue on the body
- Toxins are stored in fat tissue and may end up in the injections, reducing their effectiveness
- The cells have aged along with you and may have lost some of their healing power when compared to younger cells
Alleviate Pain at the Source and Find Lasting Relief with Regenerative Medicine
At our clinic, we prefer youthful regenerative tissue for the treatment of a variety of painful conditions. The tissue we use is derived from the Wharton’s Jelly of umbilical cords that have been donated after scheduled C-sections.
The mothers who donate the tissue are screened for health and social history so we can offer higher quality treatments.
This tissue still contains a full complement of healing properties that include:
- Growth factors
- Amino acids
- Hyaluronic acid
- And more
These treatments are minimally invasive and are done on an outpatient basis. This way you can get on with your day as soon as your appointment is done. The key to the success of our regenerative treatments is that they address the underlying cause of your pain. They don’t just focus on the pain itself. Regenerative medicine works with your body’s own healing mechanism to resolve the issue for long-term pain relief.
If you have been thinking about stem cell therapy in Washington, Wentzville, Lake St Charles, Union, Eureka, Pacific, Sullivan, St Clair, Hermann, New Haven or any nearby city, call us today at (636) 239-5252 to schedule a consultation.