Regenerative medicine is not necessarily new and has long been thought to hold the key to curing disease, repairing organs, and assisting with other chronic conditions. Yet, as time has progressed, research and technology have allowed for regenerative medicine to develop even further, showing great promise for the future.
Regenerative medicine works by triggering the body’s natural ability to heal itself and relieve pain. In the past, serious conditions, diseases, and injuries involving the body’s degradation have required powerful narcotics or invasive surgeries. Yet, regenerative medicine is gaining popularity as an alternative offering realistic results to conditions once thought to be beyond repair.
Which Conditions Can Regenerative Medicine Help Treat?
What makes this type of therapy so powerful is its ability to assist with a vast array of conditions, including:
- Joint Pain : Regenerative treatments can address chronic pain in the neck, shoulders, knees, hips, and other joints.
- Neuropathy, Nerve Damage, and Spinal Issues : Regenerative therapy has shown great results in improving conditions of the spine like bulging, slipped or herniated discs, sciatica, and neuropathy or dysfunction in one or more of the peripheral nerves.
- Autoimmune Diseases : The healing mechanisms can also greatly assist those ailing from autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
- Other Musculoskeletal Issues : Deterioration or injury to bones, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and muscles can also be improved thanks to the curative properties of regenerative medicine therapy.
- Sexual Dysfunction : The regenerative properties within these treatments can address incontinence and erectile dysfunction.
- Aesthetic Purposes : These procedures can increase collagen production and stimulate collagen growth in aged skin.
Types of Regenerative Treatments
Regenerative Cell Therapy
One treatment we offer is regenerative cell therapy — a treatment designed to repair and renew ailing body tissue, including muscle, bones, and connective tissue. In this procedure, we use Wharton’s jelly safely taken from umbilical allografts during planned cesarean births. The young and powerful substance is then administered to the area of need in a quick, minimally invasive procedure.
From there, it can then go to work deploying proteins, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, peptides, and other necessary components required in the healing process. It is an innovative treatment that negates the need for invasive surgeries or pain medications — both of which having notable downsides and side effects.
Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy
Our PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections make use of your own concentrated plasma, which is rich in components such as growth factors and proteins. Although mainly known for its clotting properties, the platelets within the plasma are also essential for healing in general. Therefore, when the substance is separated and injected into the ailing site, it can foster regeneration, calm inflammation, and ease chronic pain.
Similar to regenerative tissue therapy, PRP is also a quick, simple, and relatively painless procedure. Another added benefit to this treatment is that because your own blood is being utilized, there is no chance that your body will reject it.
The benefits of regenerative medicine are vast and remarkable. If you are suffering from a chronic condition or are in pain, why not see what our natural alternatives can do for you? Give us a call at (636) 239-5252 or fill out our website’s form to schedule a free consultation today.